Content and Communications Executive
Emirates Old Trafford is an award winning venue with ambition and commitment to further develop its burgeoning Conference and Events business, with a number of business tourism awards over the past three years the most recent awards included the International Stadium Business Awards “Project of the Year” for the new Pavilion and MEN “Business of the Year” award.
Emirates Old Trafford is also known as an entertainment venue, hosting concerts for international stars such as Rihanna and Beyoncé. And in 2017 the stadium will also be opening a brand new 150-bedroom Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
Continuing to grow our C&E business, this post will support the business moving forward, working as part of the wider marketing team to develop strong media relations to drive positive media coverage and content for our prestigious and high profile Emirates Old Trafford venue.
You will manage day-to-day content and communications initiatives across multiple platforms to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour with a specific focus on the Conference & Events, Hotel and Music aspects of the business.
The role will be part of the wider marketing department at Emirates Old Trafford, which also includes Lancashire County Cricket Club. From time to time, the successful candidate will work across the wider cricket communications and content accountabilities that the overall department is responsible for.
- Proactive creation of all PR and content for C&E, Hotel and Music, proactively seeking out new stories, features and content to be used across our digital channels and third party channels.
- Creating and implementing a PR and Communications Plan to support C&E, Hotel and Music.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant industry media personnel to proactively raise the regional and national profile of Emirates Old Trafford as a C&E venue.
- Prepare and distribute press releases for the media specifically relating to Venue.
- Work with the Venue Marketing Executive to implement a content plan for C&E, Hotel and Music.
- Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Support the Senior Media & Content Executive with implementation and day-to-day coordination of the businesses social media plan across music events, Hotel and C&E.
- Support the Venue Marketing Executive to ensure all digital channels are kept up-to-date and brand compliant at all times.
- Provide support for the implementation of Cricket content.
- Create and implement content and communications plan for the LCCC Foundation.
We are looking for a creative individual with B2B media experience, preferably within conference & events, with a degree (or equivalent) in Marketing /Communications.
- Experience of writing and building content across a variety of channels (print web and social).
- Great communicator, both in person and written communication, confident communications at all levels utilising a variety of channels.
- Attention to detail.
- Lots of initiative, comfortable with working to deadlines and managing multiple projects.
- High levels of energy and a flexible approach to working hours, working evenings and weekends when required.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and wish to apply for this role, please send your CV with current salary details to Joanne Hunt, Human Resource Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date 16th December 2016.