Lancashire announce Academy intake
Lancashire County Cricket Club is delighted to announce its Academy intake for the upcoming year.
The Academy, led by former Lancashire off-spinner Gary Yates, consists of twelve players and for the very first time, below the Academy, Lancashire CCC will have an EPP Excellence squad with eleven boys selected. These players will get access to sessions alongside the Academy players throughout the year.
All three of the girls in the Lancashire Girls Academy, Emma Lamb, Sophie Ecclestone and Ellie Threlkeld, have all been selected in the England Women’s Senior Academy, with their programmes running alongside what they do with Lancashire.
• Dan Houghton - (Rainford CC, right seam bowler, Leeds/Bradford MCCU, has featured in the Lancashire Second XI this year)
• Sam Oldham - (Leyland CC, made his Lancashire Second XI debut in 2015 and has played for the North England U17’s)
• Tom Lawson (Burnley CC First XI and is a left arm bowler)
• Sam Perry - (Alderley Edge CC, right handed top order batsman, plays at and attends Manchester Grammar School)
• George Lavelle (Ormskirk CC, Bunbury Player of the Tournament in 2015, North England U17s and is a wicket keeper batsman)
• Ed Fluck (Alderley Edge CC, right handed top order batsman, and attends Cheadle Hulme Grammar School)
• Rehan Udwadia (Norden CC, all-rounder, featured for the U15 National Lancashire winners and attends Bolton School)
• Jamie Crawley (16, Oxton Cricket Club, attends Shrewsbury School, right handed top order batsman and has represented Lancashire U16/17’s last season.)
• Henry Dobson (16, Tattenhall CC, right handed top order batsman and seamer, attends Denstone College, represented Cheshire U16/17’s, plays for Cheshire First XI)
• Emma Lamb (Plays for Bramhall CC, named in England Women’s Senior Academy and plays for Lancashire Thunder)
• Sophie Ecclestone (Alvanley CC, left arm-spinner, plays for Lancashire Thunder and made her international debut for England this summer against Pakistan)
• Ellie Threlkeld (Rainford CC, wicket keeper for Lancashire Thunder this summer, right handed, England Women's Senior Academy, plays for Wigan Athletic Football Ladies First Team, attends Winstanley College.)
The Academy squad will meet up for the first time as a group, with training taking place on Monday 7th November in the Trafford Cricket Centre at Emirates Old Trafford. The squad will then meet up twice a week before Christmas, increasing to three sessions a week in the New Year.
The squad will undergo fitness testing with Lancashire’s Strength and Conditioning Coach Tom Webster as well as medicals with the Club’s doctors.
Lancashire CCC Coaches Mark Chilton, Glen Chapple and Chris Benbow will also support Academy sessions throughout the winter. Former Derbyshire wicket keeper Karl Krikken and Performance Coach Lee Richardson will also be involved with the squad.
Academy Director, Gary Yates said, “Firstly, congratulations to recent Academy players Rob Jones and Danny Lamb in securing their first Lancashire professional contracts.
“The majority of our Academy players from last year have been retained following on from their individual successes throughout the county age-group summer season.
“Jamie Crawley and Henry Dobson are the newest members to be selected onto this talented and exciting cohort. Once again, the winter programme will be a tough and challenging environment for this young group of players.
Yates added, “Congratulations also go to Sophie Ecclestone, Emma Lamb and Ellie Threlkeld for their selection onto the England Women’s Senior Academy. These three girls are named on the Lancashire Girls Academy where we’ll run a bespoke individual winter programme, alongside their development work with the ECB.”