JOB TITLE: Sales Manager (Premium Ticketing)
NAME OF JOBHOLDER:
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Head of Commercial
OFFICE/HO DEPT: Sales and Marketing
DATE: February 2017
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
(one statement explaining the job’s overall objective)
Responsible for the creation and successful delivery of the sales plan and financial targets for premium ticket sales at Emirates Old Trafford, including; international cricket, domestic cricket and music concerts.
The premium ticketing offering includes in-stadia hospitality, VIP tickets, the International Club and all premium ticketing product associated with the new Hilton Garden Inn hotel at Emirates Old Trafford.
2. JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
(the major end results the job is expected to achieve)
Targets and Performance
· Achieve and exceed sales targets and other key performance indicators, including developing new customers and growth of existing client-base, for all hospitality and premium ticketing products that the club offers.
· Proactive and hands-on approach to selling; self-motivated to regularly meet and speak to as many prospective clients as possible, leading the rest of the sales team to follow this example.
· Research, source and create new sales opportunities to drive maximum revenues for the department, working individually and collectively as a team.
· Have an open-minded and creative approach to premium ticketing sales including development of new business ideas to support future revenue growth and profitability.
· Implement and deliver against the agreed sales plan for 2017, and continually strive to develop agreed sales channels, including regular reviews and analysis.
· Work closely with the Head of Commercial in the creation and development of sales plans for future years, as well as sales plans for major future events including Ashes 2019 and the ICC Cricket World Cup.
· Create, maintain and develop strong key client relationships, both new and existing, to optimise retention and use initiative in identifying incremental revenue opportunities that can be secured for wider business.
· Manage a team to help achieve sales and budgetary targets, including a Sales Executive and Admin Executive.
· Oversee a seasonal temporary sales team when needed and the development of this project for future years.
· Operate and enhance a sales led culture for the team and coordinate a strong reporting infrastructure for sales priorities and activities.
· Work alongside the Head of Commercial and co-ordinate with other functions, to successfully implement the product development strategy.
· Coordinate with other functions to ensure that the standards of matchday hospitality are market leading, benchmarked and commensurate with the profile and stature of the venue. Where appropriate look to raise this experience to meet the growing expectations of fans, clients, customers and partners.
· Liaise with Sales and Ticket Admin Executive to ensure all fulfilment, processing and admin related elements of hospitality function are taken care of.
· Work with the Conference and Events team and Special Projects Manager to ensure all necessary information is shared to allow them to deliver the hospitality experience on the day of a major event
· Conduct competitor appraisals to ensure continued innovation and that the delivered product is what the market wants.
Data and CRM
· Take on day to day management of Premium Ticketing database, including liaison with data warehouse provider, and oversee the progression and development of this data.
Reporting and Information
· Work with Head of Cricket Sales and Head of Marketing to ensure all routes to sale are accurate, up to date and enhance the customer journey and sale of any premium ticketing product or package.
· Set and plan budgetary targets for hospitality in conjunction with the finance team, Sales & Marketing Director and the Head of Commercial.
· Report accurate up to date hospitality financials for finance department, Sales & Marketing Director, Head of Commercial and Exec Team.
3. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS NEEDED
(the expertise needed to perform the job to the required standard)
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales environment and a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
• Proven experience training and managing a successful sales team.
• Proven and demonstrable lead generation strategy.
• Credible experience in a similar sales function with experience working in a sporting or entertainment environment preferred but not essential
• Self-motivated and results driven individual.
• Proven success building and managing strong client relationships.
• Relationships and direct access to decision-makers at businesses across the north-west of England in particular.
• IT literate, with good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Graduate preferred but not essential
4. ASSIGNMENT AND PLANNING OF WORK
(from where and how the jobholder’s work arises)
• Overall assignment of objectives from Head of Commercial and Sales and Marketing Director.
• Prime responsibility on a daily basis for assignment and planning of work is the jobholder’s.
AGREED AND SIGNED BY:
DATE TO BE REVIEWED: