Sales Manager (Premium Ticketing)
Salary commensurate with experience
Emirates Old Trafford is a flexible, multi-purpose conference and events venue and world-class international sporting stadium located in Manchester, England. Home to Lancashire County Cricket Club, the ground blends of over 150 years of heritage and history with a newly redeveloped and award winning stadium that has a capacity of 25,000 for cricket and 50,000 for concerts. 2016 brought Beyoncé, Rihanna, X-Factor and the England cricket team to the venue and in July 2017 a brand-new 150 bedroom Hilton Garden Inn hotel will open on-site overlooking the pitch. The next few years are an extremely exciting time in the clubs history with significant growth ambitions in all areas of the business and a Cricket World Cup and Ashes series to be played at the ground in 2019.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced sales professional to be part of the team responsible for premium ticket sales at Emirates Old Trafford for all International and Domestic cricket matches and music concerts. The premium ticketing offering includes in-stadia hospitality, VIP tickets, the International Club and all premium ticketing associated with the new Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
- A key role in the implementation and delivery of the 2017 sales plan and the creation and development of sales plans for future years and major future events to include Ashes 2019 and ICC Cricket World Cup.
- Research, source and create new sales opportunities to drive maximum revenues, developing new customers and growth from existing client base for all hospitality and premium ticketing products on offer.
- Work alongside Head of Commercial to co-ordinate the implementation of product development strategy. Ensure all elements of ticket and hospitality fulfilment is managed correctly and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work closely with Head of Cricket Sales and Head of Marketing to ensure all routes to sale are accurate and enhance the customer journey through the sale of the products.
- With the Head of Commercial and Sales & Marketing Director set and plan budget targets for hospitality sales.
- Management of a small team to help achieve sales and targets; will include both permanent and seasonal temporary sales staff.
Key to the role
A background in a structured sales role that has required management of an existing client base, researching of appropriate new sales channels and audiences and leading by example making high value sales. Previous experience in corporate hospitality within sports or entertainment, demonstrating a proven track record for driving ticket sales at a premium level, would be desirable, but not essential. Sales and management experience with the ability to drive your team to achieve targets, and success in building and managing existing and new client relationships is what we are looking for.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of working in a proactive and achievement based sales role that has required sales planning and out-bound sales achievements
- If previous experience has been in sports or entertainment sales, with an understanding of a large diverse venue, that would be great, but not essential
- Knowledge of the creation, implementation and monitoring/reporting of sales and lead generation plans
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and able to articulate with excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Take a look at the Job Description and if you have the relevant skills and experience, and wish to apply for this role please send your CV with current salary details to Joanne Hunt, Human Resource Manager, LCCC at email@example.com. Closing date for applications 10th March 2017.