hether you are travelling to us by car or by public transport below is all the information you need to find us here at the Emirates Old Trafford Stadium. We have also provided useful links and telephone numbers for local and national transport services.
Emirates Old Trafford,
Lancashire County Cricket Club,
Useful Telephone Numbers
Travel Directions By Car
For those using a SatNav please use the postcode M16 0PX
From the North
- M6, then M61 (signposted Manchester) to junction with M60 Ring Road.
- Join M60 at junction 15 following signs for M60 Ring Road (West & South)/Trafford Park.
- Along M602 to junction 3. Exit following signs for A5063 Salford Quays/Trafford Park.
- M602 to junction 3. Exit following signs for A5063 Salford Quays/Trafford Park.
- Follow directions from M602 shown in paragraph below.
- From M602
- Take the A5063, a dual carriageway road with local signs for Old Trafford Cricket Ground. Keep going straight ahead on this road and after ¾ mile, immediately after crossing the Manchester Ship Canal bridge, the road swings left to the White City Circle junction (signposted A5063 Manchester).
- Stay on the A5063 going straight ahead across the junction, but take care to follow signs for A5063 Chorlton (not Manchester) as you cross the junction.
- Keep straight ahead on the A5063 (White City Way) to T-junction with Talbot Road (A5067).
- Turn right at T-junction on to Talbot Road (there is a local road sign at this junction for Old Trafford Cricket Ground).
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground is ½ mile ahead on the left.
From the South
- Join the M6 to junction 19 at Knutsford. Exit onto A556 (just after Knutsford services – signposted Manchester).
- Keep on the A556 following signs for the M56/Manchester.
- Join M56 at junction 7 (signposted Manchester).
- At the end of the M56, the road becomes a dual-carriageway (the A5103). Keep straight ahead for ½ mile approx, and then join left-hand lane to join M60 Ring Road (follow signs for Stretford).
- Along M60 Ring Road (South) to junction 7 and then exit following signs for A56 Stretford.
- Join dual-carriageway A56 Chester Road following signs for Stretford & Manchester. There are local signs on this Road for Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
- After 1.3 miles the A56 forks. Move to the right-hand lane to join the A5067 Talbot Road (there is a local sign for Old Trafford Cricket Ground just before the junction).
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground is on Talbot Road, 1 mile ahead on the right.
- Alternative Route from M60 Motorway (all directions)
- Stay on M60 Ring Road to junction 9. Exit on to A5081 (signposted Trafford Park).
- Immediately on joining the A5081 from the motorway roundabout, keep straight ahead following the sign for ‘Other Neighbourhoods’.
- The A5081 is a dual-carriageway road that will take you straight to Manchester United’s football ground. Stay on the A5081 following signs for Manchester & Old Trafford Football Ground. The ground will appear on your right-hand side after 2.2 miles.
- Immediately after the stadium, turn right at the traffic lights on to Sir Matt Busby Way.
- Go along Sir Matt Busby Way, at the next set of lights keep straight ahead on to Warwick Road.
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground is facing you at the next set of traffic lights.
Car parking at the stadium
View a grounds plan here >
Details of travel in Greater Manchester, including journey planning and latest travel news can be found here.
Metrolink Tram Services
The Old Trafford Metrolink station is directly outside the stadium, on the line between Altrincham and the City Centre. A regular service operates from Bury in North Manchester, Altrincham (South Manchester), and from Central Manchester. There is a connecting service to Salford Quays and Eccles.
Metrolink is also connected to both mainline railway stations, Piccadilly & Victoria, and runs to Old Trafford Station, next to the cricket ground. Tickets are available from dispensers on all stations.
Please note: there will be no trams running on the Manchester-Altrincham line on Saturday 26 or Sunday 27 July – a bus replacement service will operate. The bus stops are right outside Emirates Old Trafford at the junction of Talbot Road and Warwick Road. Click here for full details.
Further information, including full time-table details, is available from Metrolink and GMPTE offices or on line at www.metrolink.co.uk
InterCity and local services operate to both Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Victoria stations. Each station is linked to the Metrolink Tram Service. Catch the tram service for Altrincham and alight at the Old Trafford stop which is next to the ground.
Manchester International Airport is approximately 15 minutes from Old Trafford. By car, join the M56 motorway at the airport exit (junction 5) and then follow the directions ‘From The South’ shown below.
There is no direct rail link from the airport to Old Trafford, instead take the express train service to Manchester (Piccadilly station), and then join the Metrolink tram service for Altrincham and alight at the Old Trafford stop next to the ground.
Several bus services operate between Manchester and Sale/Atrincham. The following bus services run near to the cricket ground, setting down at Chester Road (with the junction of Warwick Road, a walk of approx 5 minutes), or on Talbot Road opposite the ground. The service numbers are: Talbot Road: 257, Chester Road: 114,252, 253, 254.