STEVEN CROFT was crowned as Lancashire County Cricket Club's Player of the Year at last night's awards ceremony at The Point.
The all-rounder was the overwhelming choice to win the accolade from the votes received.
Croft received his first England recognition in 2012 when he was included in the 30-man provisional T20 World Cup squad, and he was a pivotal member of the one-day side that reached the semi-finals of the Clydesdale Bank 40. He also captained the side on a number of occasions, including his first Championship match in charge at the end of the season.
He was the winner of the FTI MVP award for July, the rankings system used by the Professional Cricketers Association to rate the performances of all the county players, and he claimed career-best first-class bowling figures with 9-105 against Worcestershire at Old Trafford.
Presenter Hugh Ferris hosted the event which was sponsored by Thwaites Wainwright.
Full list of winners:
• New Balance Champagne Moment of the Year – Tom Smith
(For smashing 30 over off an over which helped him to hit a 44-ball century in the CB40 match against Worcestershire Royals - the fifth fatest one-day century in world cricket history)
• Chewits Young Player of the Year – Simon Kerrigan
• Optimum Procurement Player of the Month for August/September – Tom Smith
• Hill Dickinson One Day Player of the Year – Steven Croft
• University of Salford Championship Player of the Year – Glen Chapple
• Thwaites Wainwright 2012 Player of the Year – Steven Croft